Sunday, September 11, 2011

A weekend of learning

This has been a very interesting weekend that I have learned a lot about myself. First off I've come to realize (with some help of some conversations) that I am in fact a pushover. Especially with my kids, they have no fear of me. Which some may say is not a bad thing but when they don't listen to you it is. For example my 22 month old threw up on me at the pool. I took her life jacket off to wash her and then set her down to wash me off. Well being the adventures little girl that she is she went right back over to the pool. Me and my oldest daughter both told her to stop but she walked right to the deep end and jumped in. Of course she can't swim and I was 2 steps behind her, jumped in and lifted her up. She wasn't under the water any longer then she would have been had I already been in there ready to catch her. But still she just went for it. I do realize she is little and doesn't understand the danger but if my husband had been there and told her to stop she would have.
Second, apparently I have a very negative self image of myself (also brought up in other conversations) Which unfortunately I would have to agree with.
Third, my husband loves U of U football way more today then he did when we were first married.
Fourth, Although I am very excited for everyone that is pregnant right now (which seems to be at least half the people I know). I am very happy that I am NOT. I feel like I cannot give the one on one attention to all my kids and my husband as is right now. So for now I am great and happy to just help out and hold the new cute little babies of someone else.
Fifth, Trying to figure out how to explain social interactions to a 6 year old is very difficult. Enough said.
Sixth, having time to do things for myself is great but having good quality time with my family is even better. I wish I had more of that.
And finally (I was more reminded) that I am very blessed to have a wonderful husband and wonderful kids and just a wonderful family. I wish that there were some way to slow life down a little so we could all enjoy it more.

1 comment: