Memorial day caught me a little off guard, I didn't realize it was the end of the month. But even with short planning it has turned out really well. Saturday we worked all day...finishing yard projects and cleaning the house. Sunday we just relaxed and went to church. Today (thanks to the wonderful weather) we spent the day at "This is the Place" state park. They have all sorts of baby animals that the kids got to pet and hold. Katrina got to hold a baby chick and a baby bunny. She also got the feed the baby lambs with a bottle. Devin loved the baby goats and crossing the bridge. He rode the horse but had mixed feelings about that. Katrina was talking about riding the horse all day. She had to wear her pink cowgirl hat just so she would fit the part. The train was the highlight for Devin, that was all he wanted to do after we got in the park. Jim (who was sceptical about it) even had a good time. If you have never been before I'd highly recommend it. It's about the same price as the zoo ($8 for adults and $6 for 3 and up) but way less crowded and more interactive. I felt bad for all the people trying to find parking at the zoo (it looked so croweded today). Don't get me wrong I love the zoo but it look crazy today. It has been a fun weekend and the best part was spending the day with dad!
Oh and we have some cute pictures but I'll post them later.
1 comment:
Well you let Katrina know that I am more than happy to go with you two to see "Up" again for a girls night! It will be fun!! Thanks for you concern with Dan's car. Glad he is ok. Life is great without school, I don't know what to do with myself at times, haha. But we need a girls' night soon! Tell Katrina "hi" for me!
Post a Comment