Monday, November 16, 2009

Grandma's Wedding







My 83 year old Grandma got married on Saturday, after 10 years being alone. I was very concerned that I wasn't going to be able to go because I've been having so many contractions (just on and off). I made it though and I'm so glad I did. I haven't seen her this happy in a long time, it was so nice to see her smiling again and have life back in her. Cliff (her new husband) seems like a great guy and I could tell just from watching him how much he really cared about my Grandma. They were so cute just holding hands and how he would put his arm around her. Fun, is back in my Grandma's dictionary. She hasn't used that word in a long time but now that's all I hear. She has so much "fun" with Cliff. They go on drives and out to eat and just enjoy being with each other. Family parties might be a little weird at the beginning but that's okay. These are some of my favorite pictures from that day. K got to be the flower girl, which she was so excited about! She loved having her hair all curly and done up. (I wish she'd let me do it for church) My uncle married them and then we had a nice meal that a guy in my Grandma's ward made. After which me and some of the other girl cousins sang 2 songs followed my Cliff's son playing the guitar and yodelling. Oh and I mustn't forget the aunt on Cliff's side giving a poem that was interesting....The best part was Kari giving advice to them. My mom helped write most of the stuff but Kari put his own twist on it. It was a wonderful day and I'm so glad to see my Grandma happy again.

1 comment:

The Morton's said...

I am so glad you were able to attend!!!