Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter

My kids had such a fun day today...we started off at the park for an Easter egg hunt. It was a little crazy with all the people but so much fun. Devin moved to fast to get any cute pictures. My sweet Katrina saw a little girl who didn't get any eggs and she went over and gave her one of hers. (She told me after she did it) I almost started crying I was just so impressed and humbled by my 4 year old.



Then more fun at Grandmas. I thought this was going to be a disaster but it actually turned out way better then I thought. Coloring eggs is always something I did growing up so it's great to continue it with my kids. Katrina wasn't interested at first and Devin was just getting into everything. But after we got everything set up, they were coloring eggs for an hour. Devin at first would almost throw the eggs in. (We heard them cracking as they hit the bowl) Katrina carefully put her eggs in and pulled them out when they were the right shade. Devin just wanted to put the first blue egg he died into every color. Then we got him into the orange. Both hands were in the bowl touching the egg. After a few tries he set the egg in softly and he choose what colors he did. By the end his hands were so green I thought it would never come off. Thanks to my mom there hands got clean. They ended the adventures with another Easter egg hunt with Grandma & Grandpa. Oh the joy of being a kid.

2 comments:

Dan and Lauren said...

Your kids are too cute!! They crack me up!!

Alisha said...

Your kids are so cute! Looks like they had lots of fun! :)