Tuesday, October 20, 2009
The quiet moments
We had a wonderful RS dinner tonight and Betty Van Orden came and spoke. She is the author of the 12 days of Christmas. She talked about how she started this tradition with her family to create memories because they last longer then any gift. I'm going to go check out the book and I'm thinking of doing it with my family. But I wanted to share one thought that really stuck out to me. She shared how one year the theme was "Behold your little ones" She played the song: Let Them Be Little. (I'm sorry I don't know who it's by) But she said how they gave the kids coloring books for the parents to do with the kids and books to be read as a family. It just really reminded me of how fast my kids are growing and how much I need to take the time to spend with them. So as I'm laying down tonight out walks by little girl at 10 pm. My first thought is what is she doing. She wanted a drink and then we went and cuddled in her bed. As a laid by her and watched her fall back asleep it made me realize even more of how blessed I am to have my kids in my life. They are so sweet and innocent and all they want is love and attention. How grateful I am for those quiet moments when you just get to look at your children and love them unconditionally.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love those quiet moments. Somedays after putting Cami down to bed I wonder if I did all that I should to show her that I love her. Makes me realize that I need to cherish every moment that I can. Our babies are just so special. We are so blessed!
Post a Comment