Saturday, August 21, 2010

Finding time for me

Disclaimer: I know it's one o'clock in the morning and I should be asleep

Finding time for yourself when your a mom is challenging but lately I have felt the need/desire to do something for myself. To have something that I feel accomplished about. So I bought this:
I've been sanding and painting any chance I can. I'm so excited to see what it looks like when it's done. But here's the catch, I stay up late to do my stuff and then my patients with my sweet children is short. Then I go back to feeling like I'm not doing anything right and it's just a viscous cycle. I've tried to be really good and do fun things with my kids this week like...making huge bubbles with straws. (A great way to get them to stop blowing bubbles in their drinks) We also had a tea party, played in the sprinklers, and it seems like we even when fishing last Saturday with my parents.
I just don't know how to balance it all. So here is my list of things someday all do or be.
1-A great mom that spends more time with my kids, instead of doing other stuff.
2- Someday I'll have a wonderful garden and make yummy meals with the food from it. And maybe my kids and husband will eat it. (K thinks everything is wonderful)
3-Someday I'll go to bed before midnight and wake up before my kids (maybe someday)
4- Someday I'll do all those great projects I've always wanted to do
I'm not meaning to sound down, I really am so blessed right now. I'm just trying to figure out how to do it all and keep it all together.
Oh I almost forgot the cutest thing this week. J was talking me out on a date and K wanted to pretend like she was going on a date. So she picked a cute outfit out, made a bow to match, put on her clip on earrings, her high heels, and lip gloss. She walked out and looked so cute but she looked so grown up I almost wanted to cry. She never wants anything to do with her hair or makeup for dance recitals so I was surprised when she came out with lip gloss on. It was so sweet. I really have the best kids ever and husband.

2 comments:

Meg said...

The cycle is vicious. I have come to realize the rest of mommy life (which is forever) will be full of guilt. I do hope to have less of it one day though. You are a great mommy!

Lisa said...

3 of my 5 are in school all day! Lets do lunch (for ourselves and what ever kids we have to bring;)
Can't wait to see the final painting job!